Previous Headlines are at the bottom of this page.
• The October 2017 QST NFL Newsletter is now available thanks to editor Marty Brown WB2VYK.
• The NFARES NET ROSTER OCTOBER 2017 (download) is now available thanks to Mac McArdle W4NFG.
• The North Florida SEC DEC EC September 1, 2016 is available thanks to Strait Hollis KT4YA.
• The Northern Florida STM Reports for SEPTEMBER 2017 are now available thanks to Tom Housworth KI0JO.
October Section Manager’s Message:
Greetings North Florida Hams! Welcome to the GREATEST HOBBY IN THE WORLD!
The obvious topics of interest are Hurricanes Irma and Maria. Please keep those folks Puerto Rico in your thoughts and prayers. That could have been us. Stay aware and prepared. Have a plan!!!
As I have time to “recover”, I will go through the hundreds of messages, e-mails, reports, and try to come up with a composite of Hurricane Irma with necessary changes in our plans if necessary. I will get this out to all as soon as I can.
I will be meeting with the WCF and SFL Section Managers and ARRL HQ Staff at the Melbourne Hamfest in two weeks (October 13 and 14). Hope you can attend this great event and support our folks in SFL!
Lotsa’ contests in the immediate future….and while propagation is not great, the contests are! Look here for a schedule of contests and activities: http://www.hornucopia.com/contestcal/contestcal.html.
Also the Simulated Emergency Test is next week, Saturday and Sunday, October 7 and 8, more info is here: http://www.arrl.org/news/get-with-the-set-arrl-simulated-emergency-test-set-fall-classic-just-ahead . My guidance for the SET? LOCAL!!!! Work with your local partners, shore up, strengthen, or initiate relationships with our served agencies. RESTOCK, REPLENISH, REVIEW! With Irma gone, you may have used items that are stored for use – and now is a good time to replace those items used, and maintain your equipment! Yes, now is great time to get that generator serviced, buy water and fresh batteries, make arrangements for you and your family should another storm/event appear. Don’t wait until there is a CAT 5 hurricane in the Atlantic Basin to go do that stuff!
Check out our fabulous NFL Section Web Page and read our spectacular Newsletter (October issue) QST NFL.
I don’t have any planned visits for this month, but then again, who knows, I may just show up somewhere!
Keep vigilant on the weather and Happy Halloween!
Get involved, get active, get happy! Stay safe, get on the air, and have fun!!
Steve Szabo WB4OMM
NFL Section Manager
ARRL, The National Association for Amateur Radio™
Below is a list of previous headlines that have appeared in the past. Some links are to external sources and their content may have been altered or removed by the original publisher.
• *EXERCISE* FL Hurricane Exercise – May 1, 2017
• *EXERCISE* FL Hurricane Exercise – April 28, 2017
• *EXERCISE* FL State EOC Information – April 28, 2017
• *EXERCISE* FL Hurricane Exercise – April 27, 2017
• *EXERCISE* FL Hurricane Exercise – Briefing Packet
• Amateur Radio Parity Act of 2015 (Updated for 2017)
• The Florida QSO Party (Updated for 2017)
• Read about HamCation 2016 (Updated for 2017)
To submit information for the website, contact the webmaster at the email address below.