Florida Hamfest/Convention Calendar and Operating Events
Activities in the Northern Florida Section are listed in bold.
If you don’t find your local hamfest or activity listed here, contact the webmaster at the email address on the bottom of this page. Find more information at the ARRL Hamfest Calendar.
- February 17, 2018 – 25th Annual Sebring Hamfest, Sebring, FL http://highlandsamateurradio.org
- February 17, 2018 – Brooksville Hamfest, Brooksville, FL http://www.hcara.org
- February 24, 2018 – 4th Annual TECHCON Conference, Winter Haven, FL http://www.arrlwcf.org
- February 24, 2018 – Alachua County Emergency Communications Symposium, Gainesville, FL http://www.qsl.net/nf4rc/Program.pdf
- March 3, 2018 – ZAARC Hamfest, Zephyrhills, FL http://www.zaarc.org
- March 11, 2018 – Charlotte County Hamfest, Punta Gorda, FL http://prra.club
- March 16-17, 2018 – Fort Walton Beach Hamfest 2018, Fort Walton Beach, FL http://www.w4zbb.org
- March 17, 2018 – Southern Florida Section Convention, Stuart, FL http://www.stuarthamfest.com
- April 14, 2018 – TARCFest XLI, Tampa, FL http://www.hamclub.org
- April 21, 2018 – Gainesville Hamfest, Waldo, FLhttp://gars.club
- August 18, 2018 – TARCFest XLII, Tampa, FL http://hamclub.org
- November 3, 2018 – Fall 2018 LARC Hamfest, Lakeland, FL http://lakelandarc.org
- November 10, 2018 – SPARC Fest, Pinellas Park, FL http://www.sparc-club.org
Alachua County Emergency Communications Symposium on February 24, 2018
Two Alachua County ham clubs, the Santa Fe College ham radio club and the Alachua ARES group are co-sponsoring a day-long free symposium on emergency communications on Saturday February 24th, 2018. The event will feature multiple speakers, hands-on activities, break-out sessions, and an honest-to-goodness deployment in a miniature Full Scale Exercise.
For more information and to register, go to http://www.qsl.net/nf4rc/Program.pdf.
From Gordon Gibby KXZ
Field Day 2018 is June 23-24
The objective of Field Day is to work as many stations as possible on any and all amateur bands (excluding the 60, 30, 17, and 12-meter bands) and to learn to operate in abnormal situations in less than optimal conditions. Field Day is open to all amateurs in the areas covered by the ARRL/RAC Field Organizations and countries within IARU Region 2. DX stations residing in other regions may be contacted for credit, but are not eligible to submit entries.
Field Day is always the fourth full weekend of June, beginning at 1800 UTC Saturday and running through 2059 UTC Sunday. Field Day 2018 is June 23-24.
The 2017 Jamboree-on-the-Air was held on October 20-22. A change in policy from previous years, there is no set time for the start or end. Since it isn’t a contest, there’s no designating starting point.
Silver Springs Radio Club – Perry Field Event April 2017
The club picnic was on April 8, 2017. Carl Berry KC5CMX sent these photos of the operating position and antenna for the event.
Amateur Radio Testing Sessions
Milton, Florida — Testing will be held on a WALK IN basis on the 2nd Thursday of every other month. Testing will be held on February 9, April 13, June 8, August 10, October 12, and December 14, 2017.
The location is West Florida Hospital Rehabilitation Institute at 8383 N. Davis Hwy. Testing will begin at 6:30 PM. Please bring a gov’t issued picture ID and $15.00 CASH for the testing. If you are up-grading you will need a copy of your current license or CSCE if you have recently tested.
The Rehab Center is located at the far right end of the Hospital complex if looking at the complex from N. Davis Hwy. The Rehab Center is located closer to Johnson and N. Davis. The Rehab Center is located at the blue pin
Submitted by Robert Speser, NB8S
Additional locations are listed in the QST NFL Newsletter under FCC Testing Information.
NADXA (100/30) Challenge
The NADXA (100/30) Challenge is just that, a personal challenge not a contest. It happens 4 times a year — March, July, October, and again in January.
Work 100 Countries, Islands or Entities within 30 days of the Month (January, March, July, and October) submit the log to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org by the 15th of the following month. QSL’s are not needed as we go by the honor system. (If you cheat you only cheat yourself). You can work CW, SSB, RTTY or digital (psk-31). It will be posted on the NADXA website.
More information can be found on the NADXA website. http://nadxa.org/
Milton Hamfest August 2017
Suwannee County Fair March 2017
Ham Radio Demonstration
The Suwannee ARC had two stations working as N4SVC/P at the fair for 9 days to introduce the public to ham radio. The club used a DVD video to explain the hobby and provided ARRL handouts. The goal was to get people interested in ham radio, plus come out to their club for a visit and maybe become a member. Don’t forget the Suwannee ARCtailgate/hamfest on May 20, 2017 in Welborn, FL.
To add or correct information on this page, contact the webmaster at the email address below.