Florida Hamfest/Convention Calendar and Operating Events
Activities in the Northern Florida Section are listed in bold.
If you don’t find your local hamfest or activity listed here, contact the webmaster at the email address on the bottom of this page. Find more information at the ARRL Hamfest Calendar.
- April 21, 2018 – Flamingo Net/UMARC Free Flea, Coral Gables, FL http://FlamingoNet.8m.net
- April 21, 2018 – Gainesville Hamfest, Waldo, FL http://gars.club, Flyer
- May 5, 2018 – Suwannee ARC Hamfest, Welborn, FL http://www.suwanneearc.org
- May 12, 2018 – EPARS Tailgate, Dade City, FL http://eparsonline.org
- May 26, 2018 – Wormfest 2018, Pinellas Park, FL http://w4orm.org/
- June 16, 2018 – Pincastle Hamfest, Pinecastle, FL W8NNX
- July 21, 2018 – Florida Traders New Tailgate, Orlando, FL K4KDI
- August 18, 2018 – TARCFest XLII, Tampa, FL http://hamclub.org
- October 6, 2018 – Cy Harris Free Flea, Oakland Park, FL http://browardarc.net/free-flea/
- October 12, 2018 – 53rd Annual Melbourne Hamfest, Melbourne, FL http://pcars.org
- November 3, 2018 – Fall 2018 LARC Hamfest, Lakeland, FL http://lakelandarc.org
- November 10, 2018 – SPARC Fest, Pinellas Park, FL http://www.sparc-club.org
- November 17, 2018 – Flamingo Net/UMARC Free Flea, Coral Gables, FL http://FlamingoNet.8m.net
- December 7, 2018 – West Central Florida Section Convention (Tampa Bay Hamfest), Plant City, FL http://fgarc.org
Amateur Radio Testing Sessions
Testing locations are listed in the QST NFL Newsletter.
Field Day 2018 is June 23-24
The objective of Field Day is to work as many stations as possible on any and all amateur bands (excluding the 60, 30, 17, and 12-meter bands) and to learn to operate in abnormal situations in less than optimal conditions. Field Day is open to all amateurs in the areas covered by the ARRL/RAC Field Organizations and countries within IARU Region 2. DX stations residing in other regions may be contacted for credit, but are not eligible to submit entries.
Field Day is always the fourth full weekend of June, beginning at 1800 UTC Saturday and running through 2059 UTC Sunday. Field Day 2018 is June 23-24.
Be the First — 2018 ARRL Field Day Gear is Here!
ARRL Field Day — the most popular on-the-air operating event in Amateur Radio — is June 23-24, and official gear and supplies are now available from ARRL. Shirts, pins, patches, stickers, and — of course — coffee mugs are a great way to acknowledge — and commemorate — your participation in this annual event. There are two T-shirt color options — navy blue and white. Order one or one of each! Pair it with an ARRL hat of your choice, in black, khaki or red and white.
This year, many groups and participants may choose to combine 2018 Field Day with our year-long operating event — 2018 ARRL International Grid Chase (IGC) — working stations in as many grid squares as possible and uploading log data to ARRL’s Logbook of The World (LoTW).
Clubs are encouraged to order early. Place a group order and pay just $12.50 shipping for all orders over $50 (while supplies last). Get your 2018 ARRL Field Day supplies from the ARRL online store or by calling (888) 277-5289 in the US, Monday through Friday, from 8 AM to 5 PM Eastern Time. Outside the US, call (860) 594-0355.
2018 Boy Scouts Jamboree-on-the-Air is October 19-21
The 2018 Jamboree-on-the-Air will be on October 19-21. Details will be found here as they become available.
Silver Springs Radio Club – Perry Field Event April 2017
The club picnic was on April 8, 2017. Carl Berry KC5CMX sent these photos of the operating position and antenna for the event.
NADXA (100/30) Challenge
The NADXA (100/30) Challenge is just that, a personal challenge not a contest. It happens 4 times a year — March, July, October, and again in January.
Work 100 Countries, Islands or Entities within 30 days of the Month (January, March, July, and October) submit the log to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com by the 15th of the following month. QSL’s are not needed as we go by the honor system. (If you cheat you only cheat yourself). You can work CW, SSB, RTTY or digital (psk-31). It will be posted on the NADXA website.
More information can be found on the NADXA website. http://nadxa.org/
Milton Hamfest August 2017
Suwannee County Fair March 2017
Ham Radio Demonstration
The Suwannee ARC had two stations working as N4SVC/P at the fair for 9 days to introduce the public to ham radio. The club used a DVD video to explain the hobby and provided ARRL handouts. The goal was to get people interested in ham radio, plus come out to their club for a visit and maybe become a member. Don’t forget the Suwannee ARCtailgate/hamfest on May 20, 2017 in Welborn, FL.
To add or correct information on this page, contact the webmaster at the email address below.