Florida Hamfest/Convention Calendar and Operating Events
Activities in the Northern Florida Section are listed in bold.
If you don’t find your local hamfest or activity listed here, contact the webmaster at the email address on the bottom of this page. Find more information at the ARRL Hamfest Calendar.
- October 21, 2017 – WV4ARS Hamfest, DeLand, FL http://westvars.wixsite.com/deland-
- October 28, 2017 – Fall 2017 Cy Harris, Oakland Park, FL http://browardarc.net/free-flea/
- October 28, 2017 – Jacksonville FREE Hamfest, Jacksonville, FL http://nofars.net
- November 4, 2017 – LARA Annual Tailgate, Tavaras, FL – http://www.k4fc.org
- November 11, 2017 – SPARC Fest, Pinellas Park, FL http://sparc-club.org
- November 11, 2017 – Palms West ARC Flea Market, West Palm Beach, FL – http://palmswestradio.org
- November 18, 2017 – Flamingo Net/UMARC Free Flea, Coral Gables, FL http://www.flamingonet.8m.net/
- November 25, 2017 – Hamfest in the Woods, Okeechobee, FL http://K4OKE.com
- December 2, 2017 – Silver Springs Radio Club Hamfest, Ocala, FL – http://k4gso.us/hamfest
- December 8, 2017 – West Central Florida Section Convention and Tampa Bay Hamfest, Plant City, FL http://www.fgcarc.org/
- January 19, 2018 – Southwest Florida Hamfest, Ft Myers, FL http://swflhamfest.info
- January 27, 2018 – DeSoto County Hamfest, Arcadia, FL http://desotoarc.org
- February 9, 2018 – Florida State Convention, Orlando HamCation, Orlando, FL http://www.hamcation.com
- February 17, 2018 – Brooksville Hamfest, Brooksville, FL http://www.hcara.org NEW!
- February 24, 2018 – 4th Annual TECHCON Conference, Winter Haven, FL http://www.arrlwcf.org
- March 3, 2018 – ZAARC Hamfest, Zephyrhills, FL http://www.zaarc.org NEW!
- March 10, 2018 – Charlotte County Hamfest, Punta Gorda, FL http://prra.club
- March 17, 2018 – Southern Florida Section Convention, Stuart, FL http://www.stuarthamfest.com
- April 21, 2018 – Gainesville Hamfest, Waldo, FL http://gars.club NEW!
The 2017 Jamboree-on-the-Air is held on October 20-22. A change in policy from previous years, there is no set time for the start or end. Since it isn’t a contest, there’s no designating starting point. When your station is ready to go, get on the air and make contacts. You’ll have the whole weekend!
Silver Springs Radio Club – Perry Field Event, April 2017
The club picnic was on April 8, 2017. Carl Berry KC5CMX sent these photos of the operating position and antenna for the event.
Amateur Radio Testing Sessions
Milton, Florida — Testing will be held on a WALK IN basis on the 2nd Thursday of every other month. Testing will be held on February 9, April 13, June 8, August 10, October 12, and December 14, 2017.
The location is West Florida Hospital Rehabilitation Institute at 8383 N. Davis Hwy. Testing will begin at 6:30 PM. Please bring a gov’t issued picture ID and $15.00 CASH for the testing. If you are up-grading you will need a copy of your current license or CSCE if you have recently tested.
The Rehab Center is located at the far right end of the Hospital complex if looking at the complex from N. Davis Hwy. The Rehab Center is located closer to Johnson and N. Davis. The Rehab Center is located at the blue pin
Submitted by Robert Speser, NB8S
Additional locations are listed in the QST NFL Newsletter under FCC Testing Information.
Field Day 2018 is June 23-24
The objective of Field Day is to work as many stations as possible on any and all amateur bands (excluding the 60, 30, 17, and 12-meter bands) and to learn to operate in abnormal situations in less than optimal conditions. Field Day is open to all amateurs in the areas covered by the ARRL/RAC Field Organizations and countries within IARU Region 2. DX stations residing in other regions may be contacted for credit, but are not eligible to submit entries.
Field Day is always the fourth full weekend of June, beginning at 1800 UTC Saturday and running through 2059 UTC Sunday. Field Day 2018 is June 23-24.
NADXA (100/30) Challenge
The NADXA (100/30) Challenge is just that, a personal challenge not a contest. It happens 4 times a year — March, July, October, and again in January.
Work 100 Countries, Islands or Entities within 30 days of the Month (January, March, July, and October) submit the log to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org by the 15th of the following month. QSL’s are not needed as we go by the honor system. (If you cheat you only cheat yourself). You can work CW, SSB, RTTY or digital (psk-31). It will be posted on the NADXA website.
More information can be found on the NADXA website. http://nadxa.org/
Milton Hamfest August 2017
Suwannee County Fair March 2017
Ham Radio Demonstration
The Suwannee ARC had two stations working as N4SVC/P at the fair for 9 days to introduce the public to ham radio. The club used a DVD video to explain the hobby and provided ARRL handouts. The goal was to get people interested in ham radio, plus come out to their club for a visit and maybe become a member. Don’t forget the Suwannee ARCtailgate/hamfest on May 20, 2017 in Welborn, FL.
To add or correct information on this page, contact the webmaster at the email address below.