Florida Hamfest/Convention Calendar
Events in the Northern Florida Section are listed in bold.
If you don’t find your local hamfest listed here, contact the webmaster at the email address on the bottom of this page.
Find more information at the ARRL Hamfest Calendar.
- August 18, 2018 – TARCFest XLII, Tampa, FL http://hamclub.org
- September 21, 2018 – Pensacola Hamfest, Pensacola, FL http://pensacolahamfest.com
- September 22, 2018 – Bahia Shriner’s Tailgate, Apopka, FL http://radio.bahiashrine.org/Tailgate.htm
- October 6, 2018 – Cy Harris Free Flea, Oakland Park, FL http://browardarc.net/free-flea/ (website not operating)
- October 12, 2018 – 53rd Annual Melbourne Hamfest, Melbourne, FL http://pcars.org
- October 27, 2018 – Gulf Coast ARC’s Fall Hamfest, New Port Richey, FL http://gulfcoastarc.org
- October 27, 2018 – Jacksonville FREE Hamfest, Jacksonville, FL http://nofars.net/home/hamfest
- November 3, 2018 – Fall 2018 LARC Hamfest, Lakeland, FL http://lakelandarc.org
- November 10, 2018 – SPARC Fest, Pinellas Park, FL http://www.sparc-club.org
- November 17, 2018 – Flamingo Net/UMARC Free Flea, Coral Gables, FL http://FlamingoNet.8m.net
- December 7, 2018 – West Central Florida Section Convention (Tampa Bay Hamfest), Plant City, FL http://fgcarc.org
- February 8, 2019 – Southeastern Division Convention (Orlando HamCation), Orlando, FL http://www.hamcation.com
- June 22-23, 2019 – ARRL Field Day Field Day Description
Amateur Radio Testing Sessions
Testing locations are listed in the QST NFL Newsletter.
JOTA Boy Scouts Jamboree-on-the-Air is October 19-21, 2018
The 2018 Jamboree-on-the-Air will be on October 19-21, 2018. Details can be found at https://www.scouting.org/jota/. More than 1,000,000 scouts and guides in 150 countries are anticipated to participate.
Field Day is June 22-23, 2019
The objective of Field Day is to work as many stations as possible on any and all amateur bands (excluding the 60, 30, 17, and 12-meter bands) and to learn to operate in abnormal situations in less than optimal conditions. Field Day is open to all amateurs in the areas covered by the ARRL/RAC Field Organizations and countries within IARU Region 2. DX stations residing in other regions may be contacted for credit, but are not eligible to submit entries.
Field Day is always the fourth full weekend of June, beginning at 18:00 UTC Saturday and running through 20:59 UTC Sunday. Field Day is June 22-23, 2019.
NADXA (100/30) Challenge
The NADXA (100/30) Challenge is just that, a personal challenge not a contest. It happens 4 times a year — March, July, October, and again in January.
Work 100 Countries, Islands or Entities within 30 days of the Month (January, March, July, and October) submit the log to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org by the 15th of the following month. QSL’s are not needed as we go by the honor system. (If you cheat you only cheat yourself). You can work CW, SSB, RTTY or digital (psk-31). It will be posted on the NADXA website.
More information can be found on the NADXA website. http://nadxa.org/
Alachua County EOC Technician Class Scores Big!
By Gordon Gibby KX4Z NCS521
When Alachua County Asst. Emergency Manager Jeff Bielling invited our ARES group to hold a Technician Class, we jumped on the chance, picked a date and got the ball rolling toward a two-Saturday, marathon-style training. As usual, our goal included not just going over the Technician question pool, but outfitting the class with actual radios, and immersing them in amateur radio. Read more at ARRL NFL Summer Technician Class.
To add or correct information on this page, contact the webmaster at the email address below.